Wednesday 26 June 2013

Chatting on the farmhouse porch {hello, sun!}

Everyday Ruralty



Goooood MOrning Patrice!!! Sun is a-shining here, and if it is still nice tomorrow, I plan to be outside with our friends who are coming to visit. 


For today, it's a quick chat with you, then carrying on with tidying and getting ready for them staying overnight. 


  1. Do you enjoy grocery shopping?
Well, this is something I can answer easily.  Yes, I do.  

Why such a quick answer? 

Simply because it only involves me sitting with the laptop and clicking.  Yes, I order my grocery shopping online, and it is delivered to my door.  The number of friends in America who DROOL over this prospect, is amazing. 

There are pros and cons to this system.  

Pros are - it doesn't take long; I get it delivered when the children are around and they help put it away; no trailing around the shops with 7 children when pregnant; did I say it's quick? (there is a list of my favourites, and I just scroll down it, clicking...); no germy trolley handles; no temptations to impulse buy.  

The cons are - I probably miss out on certain offers and deals, as I don't always look at them online; I don't get the reduced item bargains; I only have the choice of that one shop, as it would start to become economically senseless to pay delivery to get things from a variety of stores.

There are probably pros and cons, more than I listed, but these are the ones I can think of just now. 

It takes only minutes to order, and then put things away when they are delivered.  Did I say it was quick?! For me, time saved is a MASSIVE thing. 

2.  Are you following any particular news stories?

News?  What is "news"???  We have no TV, so we don't get it on there.  I very rarely have the radio on at a news hour, and we don't get newspapers.  The only news I see is when I sign in to my emails, and anything that is shared on FB!

I guess the only "news" I am "following" is waiting for the Duchess of Cambridge to have her Royal Baby!  Yes, I am that shallow.....


3.  How do you feel about all of the technology we have today? Is it too much, just right, or not enough?

I feel that technology is a great blessing, but if not used properly, like ANYTHING, it can be a curse. I know that the Internet has blessed my immensely - all the friends I have made - some have carried through to meeting IRL, many I may never meet this side of heaven. The number of encouraging websites and blogs that the Lord has used to challenge my heart and life.

I love my household technology - as in, my washing machine, drier, oven, central heating, iron.  They all make my life so much easier than life was even 60 years ago! 

I think we all have to find the right level for our own lives.  We can't ignore it, like the Amish, but it can over-run our lives.  I love having days when we go out, and leave it all behind and have a day in the outdoors.  Life is more peaceful without it, as it all carries some element of noise.  Even as I sit typing, it makes noise.  I think we would notice the peace, if they were all turned off!

4.  On a scale of 1-10(1 being the least) how much do you worry?

Just a tad over 1.  I think maybe a little higher at points. I am generally a fairly laid back person, and I try not worry.  as my lovely husband points out, it is a sin to worry.  I really do try and rest on the Lord, and trust in Him, and not to worry. The only times it jumps up, is if something happens to a child, and until I know exactly what is going on, I guess my heart would jump to anxiety and concern.  Even, when I had my bleed, I wasn't worried.  I was sad at the possibility that the pregnancy was ending, but not worried.  I knew that it was in God's hands, and there was no need for me to worry.  I think other people were worried about the amount of bleeding I was having, but I wasn't!!! 


5.  Without any of your responsibilities or concern with how you would accomplish this, what would your three dream jobs be?

Oh, this is a fun question!! 

I ALWAYS wanted to be a florist when I was younger! I think it would be lovely to work with beautiful flowers all day.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a tea shop.  To do my own baking and have others come and enjoy it.  I would love to do that with my girls.

Hmmm, what would number 3 be??..... a food critic, and get to eat at fancy restaurants?.... a photographer?.... not sure, really! I would NOT go back to being a health professional.  It's too stressful.  



Right, onward and upward.  Have a great day, Patrice. 

1 comment :

  1. Always fun to read you answers! I've only had groceries delivered once...I think after the twins were born....it worked out pretty well, but grocery shopping is a big event here, and I might get replaced if I got eliminated the shopping trip!...and seeing as I LOVE my job, I'd rather keep it! :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete