Thursday 11 April 2013

I'm still here....

Just a quickie to say I'm still here.  I have had a poorly little Simeon this week, and he got worse over the last 24 hours.  I am having a rare moment without him on my lap, whilst he sleeps, and thought I'd let you know that I should be back blogging soon.

I am a voma-phobe. I hate vomit.  I fear vomit.  I dread a vomiting bug hitting the family.  However, even though I am fairly sure this is something isolated to Simeon, I have really felt the Lord's peace about it all.  If they all get sick, a) the youngest will be over it all already, b) I have the house tidy and laundry caught up to deal with the mess and c) the groceries have just arrived, so we have food in the house!

The older ones are better at dealing with illness now, and I would only have 2 little ones that would need more help.

Besides which, poorly children = more cuddles, and getting to rest from my normally busy life.  That has to be a bonus, right?  In EVERYTHING give thanks!

My one battle, though - I get quite stressed when my children are ill. Kind of easily irritable.  So, spiritual challenges still remain, and I just need to rest in the Lord, and keep calm.  It's not fair on the other children for me to get snappy with them, because I can't explain to my baby why he is ill, and I don't like it.

Out come the board games (SO educational - adding up scores (Maths), working out strategies (Logic), discussing rules (Erm, Drama or Debate?.....) ) and more reading happens.  Learning can be done, no matter what "school" is like. I love home-educating!

So, I must go and whizz around like some kind of woman possessed, whilst Simeon sleeps, and get laundry swapped between washer and drier, ready for the next "batch".


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble"
Psalm 46


1 comment :

  1. This is a great post....sorry you have some illness in your midst, but I appreciate your perspective.
    Hope you have a good day, appreciating the many blessings you have!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete