Monday 21 May 2012

Matriarchs on a Monday - Part 6 - Ruth

I am going to come to an end on my ponderings from the lovely book of Ruth.

I KNOW I didn't cover many things...I just shared the things that the Lord spoke to my heart.

And, what of the last part?  What do I see to finish?

God's perfect plan.

I see that despite not understanding the ways of God, His ways are always perfect.

I see that even when we don't follow God's ways, He can still turn things around and He is always glorified.  

I see that God is gracious in His sovereignty...that His ways are beyond understanding.

I see that we sometimes have to go through trials and struggles in order to see God's hand in our lives.

In what way do I see all these things?

Naomi went to Moab, with her husband.  They left the land of God's people, and went to a land where people did not love the Lord. Their sons married ungodly women, which was a defined "no-no".  The men all died, and yet Ruth followed after the Lord.  She CHOSE to follow Him, and not stay where she was.  They came back to the place they should have been, and God blessed Ruth.  He provided a godly husband for her, to care for her and Naomi and to carry on the family name.  And, wonder of wonders...where did their family line go on to?  Their son was the grandfather of King David!!!  A Moabitish woman, who becomes great-grandmother to the King of Israel.  And, more than that...she is part of the lineage of the Lord Jesus himself! What a privilege!

What courage I take today.  

I fail the Lord so often.  My walk with Him is far from "perfect".  I sometimes stray away from the ways that I should go.  I don't honour Him the way I ought to.  I am not the wife and mother I should be.

But, God is sovereign.  

In all my imperfections, God will work "all things together for good".  I need to keep my eyes and heart toward Him.  I need to take courage on days when things fall apart, and I feel disheartened.  Why?... because God IS able to do exceeding abundantly above what I can ask or think.  

In all my "failures", I need to see that God is able to turn them into situations that will glorify Him...I may need to wait to see them, or they may not happen in my lifetime, but God is working out His purposes through my life.

What a thrilling thought! 

What might the Lord have planned for MY family...for my generations that are to come??  Mighty men and women for HIS kingdom!? 




"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. "
Romans 8:28  





No comments :

Post a Comment