Tuesday 1 November 2011

Home school storage - dreaming up ideas....




Right, folks...I need some help!

As many of you will know, we are moving house, to a bigger home.  We will have a "blank canvas", so to speak, for creating a space for school-related things - storage etc.

Let me fill you in on some details.  We will have a "study" - we will have the main PC in there, and will have wall space for shelving, or whatever else we think of.  There will be a 5th bedroom, that doesn't need to be a bedroom.  Now, what storage solutions have you found, that are worth sharing?  I would especially LOVE to see photo's of  what you have done, or of rooms that inspired you.  ESPECIALLY, I would love to know where you got your storage solutions from!  :-)

I have a LOT of books that were on shelving that belongs to thehouse we are in, so it won't be coming with us!  I am thinking that the shelving will have to be a fairly high priority matter!

So, roll up, and link up!  Share your suggestions and ideas!

Here are a couple that I have just found, that I like the look of...



This is from Home School Creations, a website I love to check out! (lots of lovely printables for pre-schoolers and young children!).  



I found this one, too - I REALLY would love a large white board on the wall! We will have to work at the dining room table, for written work, as we do now.

So, let the sharing begin!  Share this link-up with whoever you can, so I can get plenty of ideas, please! :-)  Get your camera out, because your ideas may help other people!

The linkie is below, or comments in the comments section. Thanks!



4 comments :

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Do you have Ikea near you? I always think of them when I think storage :-) they make good use of height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do! I have big thoughts about visiting there! Robert likes the Billy bookcases, and I also like Expedit! We also have a drawer unit, that is tall - I think I would like another of those! It's how to arrange it all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a fair bit of Trofast from Ikea, the boxes are great for storing puzzles and games etc in, you can get a lot in a little space - you could also get A4 files and stuff so maybe have a box per child with their school books in? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got two EXPEDIT book cases (IKEA) earlier this week and I am already IN LOVE and want 100 more =) FYI, the ITSO bins from target fit PERFECTLY and imho look nicer than anything IKEA sells. We bought enough to put a bin in every other square. Sorry I don't have pics on my blog yet, but this lady does =) http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2010/08/ikea-expedit-bookcase-meets-target-itso-bin.html

    ReplyDelete